Dear FOK members, It is a great pleasure to welcome you all to the 23rd Organic Chemistry fall meeting:
New methods and tools in organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry The meeting will take place on Friday October 18th at 09:30 – 16:00 at Christania Qvartalet Møtesenter in downtown Oslo. Save the date! More information on prices, registration deadline, travel grants for students etc. will be available after the summer break.
We are pleased to announce that the following distinguished chemists have accepted to share their exciting science with us:
* Dr. Jesús Alcázar, Discovery Chemistry, Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of J&J, Janssen-Cilag, S.A., Jarama, Toledo, Spain
Title: Accessing novel chemical space using flow chemistry to support the discovery of new drugs
* Prof. Dr. Anna K. H. Hirsch, Department of Drug Design and Optimization, Helmholtz Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland, Saarbrücken, Germany
Title: Target-based anti-infective discovery
* Prof. Dr. Abraham Mendoza, Arrhenius Laboratory, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
Title: C–C coupling methods with organometallics, visible light and redox-active carbenes
* Prof. Dr. Jörg Rademann, Institute of Pharmacy, Freie Universität Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Title: Protein-catalyzed fragment ligation reactions for the evolution of anti-cancer and anti-infective drugs
* Prof. Dr. Thomas Wirth, Cardiff School of Chemistry, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Title: Electrification of synthesis and advances in flow chemistry
Best wishes for the summer break!
Bengt Erik Haug
On behalf of the Division of organic chemistry Norwegian Chemical Society